Guest post: My Point of View clay animation diary – Day 4
Today was just painting and assembling more sets and props. The first thing to do was spray the several parts of the couch and the pathway set black so I could paint over it later however the rain made it difficult as drops of water would get on the wet paint and make it run and make the coat uneven.
While I was waiting for the undercoat of black paint to dry I assembled the legs onto the desks that will be used in the shot of the classroom. I used superglue to stick the cut up bits of straw to the bottom of the square pieces of hardening clay; however the straws would not stick well and would require me to hold them in place one by one so I used small clumps of plasticine to hold the straws in place while the glue was drying.
After I finished gluing the desks together the base coat of paint was dry and ready to paint. After painting some of the couch the glue had dried and I could start to spray the desks however the spray paint had ran out half way through spraying the desks. This meant that when it came time to paint the desks I would have to finish off the parts that I didn’t get time to spray with a different kind of black paint, delaying the process quite a bit.