Help us make an impact!
ActNow is a South Australian theatre company that tailors socially conscious performance projects. We work with professional artists to engage diverse communities in conversations around challenging, contemporary issues.
Our work is innovative, informed, inspiring, and often confronting but never conventional. Our projects have been critically acclaimed, commended in South Australian Parliament, and highly praised by audiences, participants and community organisations.
Our current projects include:
- Queer Youth Theatre Workshops, for people aged 18-30
- Theatre of the Global Majority, a workshop series for artists of colour
- Responding to Racism and Generation of Change, a forum theatre performance for high school aged students
- Speak Out, a forum theatre performance about homophobia for high school aged students
- The development of Like Me, Like You, a theatre performance about racism and cultural diversity for students in junior and middle primary
- And ongoing work with First Nations artists and the Healthcare sector
In 2018, ActNow moved to our own space for the first time: giving the space to rehearse and make work, and create a hub for artists from across Adelaide to work and meet. We’re hoping to raise $10,000 to help sustain and grow our many projects. Your support will ensure we can continue to create spaces where people can share stories that are important to them. These are the stories that matter, told by the people that need to be telling them.
Theatre creates collaborative and socially conscious performances that are innovative, informed and inspiring. We work in partnerships to engage diverse communities in conversations around important contemporary issues. Our projects have been critically acclaimed, commended in South Australian Parliament, and highly praised by audiences, participants and community organisations alike.
10 reasons to support ActNow Theatre
- We are a small not-for-profit organisation with a very large impact
- We have a unique program of arts, activism and education
- We bring theatre to schools, workplaces and communities
- We support cultural diversity
- We celebrate sexuality
- We employ and support emerging artists
- We employ and support Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and culturally diverse artists
- All donations are tax deductible
Philanthropic contributions are critically important to ActNow, which operates as a not-for-profit. It is through such contributions that we can realise the vision of the Company.
Every little bit helps and all contributions, big or small, will be greatly appreciated.
ActNow Theatre is a registered charity with Deductible Gift Recipient Status (ABN 65 672 485 445). Donations of $2 or more are fully tax deductible.
You can donate securely online or by phoning us on (08) 8230 1110.